Tomorrow is our first day of classes in our second semester of graduate school. I can't believe I'm so old.
Despite the stack of 27 books I need to read, and the inevitable papers and tests creeping up, I am VERY excited about going back to school. The break was beautifully long, but it's about time to have some structure in my life. Each class I am signed up for sounds challenging and fun. My schedule on Tuesdays consists of Humanity, Christ and Redemption, chapel, Cross-cultural communication, a long break, and then Psychological disorders in the evening. Thursdays are similar except my night class is Marriage and family counseling instead.
Another exciting thing about this semester is that Joe and I will be in Marriage and family counseling together. No doubt we will learn with even greater clarity how far we are from the finish line. And yet, I suppose the point in seeing such a gloomy reality is that the Holy Spirit promises to turn our eyes upward in even greater gratitude and awe at Christ's amazing love and sacrifice. Such a vision brings encouragement and strength to keep running the race.
This semester promises to bring growth, joy, struggle, and fun. Join with Joe and I in prayer for a clearer vision of who God is and who we are in Him. Grace and peace,
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's awesome! i hear the marriage and family class rocks, that's exciting. next semester i'll be there with you!
Post a Comment