Friday, February 1, 2008

Classes have begun!


Our first week of seminary has come and gone. I love Covenant. My favorite professor is Jerram Barrs. I want to be more like him. He LOVES people, and has a passionate heart for unbelievers. It's like Mark Davis all over again, but an older, less spastic, British version. Our final semester paper will be a letter to a close non-Christian friend, telling them about the beauty and truth that we see in them. What a wonderful assignment. Praise God for shaping Jerram Barrs' heart to imitate His own. I am scared to death about this letter but so excited. Again I say, I love Covenant.

On a different note, tomorrow is a solemn day. Our dear friend John is leaving on Sunday for a couple months of training and then 8 months in Iraq, and tomorrow night is his going away party. It will be great to spend time with all our friends and to watch John amongst people who love him.

On another note, it snowed about 8 inches last night, so classes were cancelled yesterday evening and all day today. There's something about studying inside with a hot drink while there's a thick layer of snow everywhere outside. It's peaceful and makes me long for beauty and fulfillment. I can slow down right now. *sigh*

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday as well:)

No comments: