Friday, February 8, 2008

2 weeks in...

This week was the end of our second week of classes for the spring semester. My first paper is due next Thursday. Time flies by so fast!

The more time we spend in classes and in fellowship with other students, the more deeply we are confronted with the challenges of living in the "now and the not yet." Just some thoughts...

Life will be hard until we enter into the Lord's glorious presence.
Things are not the way they are supposed to be.
There is hope that God can and does heal the brokenhearted here on earth.
Our soul will always be longing for Christ in His fullness until that glorious Day.
God is more good and more faithful and more of a treasure to my heart each day.
He has big plans for my life and has promised to carry me through them.
I am never outside of His plan, nor can I mess it up.
I can see, literally SEE, the ways he is restoring my heart day by day.
I look more like Him than I did when I began seminary--rejoice with me!!!!
I feel more and more grateful for who God is and for His presence in my life than ever before.
Life has become an oscillating ride between Romans 7 and Romans 8. "O wretched woman that I am, who will save me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ!"

All of this is to say, my God is my Refuge, my Strength, my Comforter, my Joy, my Savior, my Life. Praise and glory be to Him now and forevermore!! Amen.

Grace and peace,

1 comment:

Megan said...

R ~

Thanks for sharing your heart... and your blog with me. It's great!
You & Joe have been in my thoughts a lot this past week...please, call if we can do anything for you.
Can't wait to spend time with you again....hoping that that's soon.
Take care. We Love you!