Monday, April 14, 2008

Quickie!

This has to be a short post because of the craziness of school, but I wanted to share a little about what Joe and I have been up to the last couple weeks.
School has been ruling our schedules, and even though we are making it through and growing a lot, we are really looking forward to the end of the semester. Life needs to slow down for us, even if its just for a couple weeks before summer classes start;)
In our Marriage and Family Counseling class, both Joe and I turned in a genogram project, which is an analysis of the relationships in our respective families. We both learned a lot and felt very challenged to change some of the unhealthy patterns that have been going on for generations. God is gracious to us even though we are so dysfunctional!!
Last weekend, Joe and I went on the middle school retreat with our church. We always go to a small camp in New Haven, MO with our youth group; it has a lake, canoes, a big soccer field, a swimming pool, bball court, etc. Unfortunately, the weather all weekend was really cold so we didn't get to enjoy the outdoors very much. However, I can speak for both of us when I say that being with middle schoolers is one of the craziest, most draining, and most enjoyable things we do. They are full of energy and a delight to play with, they can be frustrating at times and infuriating on rare occasions, but each moment they teach us about God's glorious character. I don't hesitate to say that they are part of the "purifying by fire" process that God allows us to undergo:) It was good to get away from school for a couple days and to spend all our time in relationship with the kids and leaders.

Well, this post turned out longer than I thought, but I hope it gives you a glimpse into our crazy and fulfilling life while in seminary. Grace and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, the Peterkas

No comments: