Tuesday, July 1, 2008

the woes of money

I am at work right now, breaking for lunch on my first full day of the year. It's so cool we get to use the internet during our lunch break.
The reason I have switched to working full days during the summer is because Joe and I have experienced some expensive car problems over the last couple weeks. Not only did we spend over $1400 last winter to get my timing belt fixed and other random things to pass the safety exam, but now we have had to shell out over $600 to fix two accessory belts that broke because of a shoddy timing belt job. Let me give a plug--never go to mechanics that you don't personally know. Especially not Midas. And especially not Midas for a new timing belt.
Joe's Celica needed to get an eshaust leak fixed, along with the brake pads and a few other odds and ends, costing around $800. If you can do the math, that is a LOT of money to spend on cars in under a year. Thus, I am sacrificing personal and study time to work extra over the summer.
Speaking of work, I really like my job and I would love to keep it, so I better clock back in now that lunch is over.
Blessings,
Rachel

1 comment:

Andrew Groves said...

Ouch... that hurts. :(