Monday, August 4, 2008

STL weather and other hot things

So, St. Louis will reach a heat index of 115 degrees today. Disgusting. Being in California a couple weeks ago seems like a far away dream...

Joe and I have been so blessed otherwise in the last couple weeks that I have to share all about it with you, our out of town loved ones. First, Joe got a raise at his job! The seminary has been so generous to us ever since Joe's first day working there, and they continue to be good to us beyond our expectations. He continues to be given more responsibilities and projects, which is an encouragement that he is doing his job well and that his boss likes him:) On the same day as this, I, Rachel, received possibly the best compliment of my adult life. A friend in the counseling program, assuming that I am in the internship program at Covenant and beginning to see clients, referred two women to be counseled by me! What an affirmation of the direction I am heading in with my life! This friend is in my group dynamics class this summer, and after interacting with me and hearing about some of my story, he thought I would be a great resource to a couple of his friends. I was so flattered and felt so great about myself:) The gifts God has given me will be used to strengthen his people and play a significant role in the restoration of His world.
In other news, two of our great friends married one another last weekend, and we ask you to join with us in praying down blessings and supernatural power onto their new marriage together.
Once we can make some time to celebrate all these blessings it will be so fun!
To God be the glory!

No comments: