Saturday, January 3, 2009

Post-holidays

Hello!
So sorry that this is the first post in many moons, but our lives have been crazy busy and, honestly, I forgot that we even had this blog.
So, as a quick update, Joe and I are finished with yet another semester of seminary. I have 33 credit hours under my belt and three more semesters left before graduation. As Joe is on the "one class per semester" track, he is pretty far away from graduating, but he has a Christian History class finished thanks to last semester. I audited it with him to spend some time with him in the midst of our busy schedule.
Joe continued to work with Crash, our church's middle school youth group, on Tuesday nights last semester. I also worked with middle school girls on Sunday mornings last semester. We are both very excited about the new middle school youth leader that was just hired for CPC--his name is Bo Kyle and is a student at the seminary. We are trying to get to know Bo and his wife Lindsay and have enjoyed all of our time with them so far.
I, Rachel, am taking a January term class that will be from Jan 20-24 8am-4:30pm each day. It is called Job: On the Edge of Human Wisdom and we have already had some assignments due for the class. The spring semester will hold 9 credit hours for me, Career Counseling, New Testament Theology, and Crisis and Transition. Joe is still unsure of which class he will take for credit in the spring.
I am also taking a class for audit called Children's Literature, taught by the beloved Jerram Barrs. I can't say how excited I am about this class.
So, I hope everyone had a joyful holiday season and wish you all blessings in the new year...

No comments: